Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pain

So I had a fight a couple months ago with a very close friend. Someone I thought was my best friend. I guess you can't even really call it a fight. She just out of the blue wrote a two page e-mail listing all the things she hated about me (I didn't think anyone could be friends with someone they hated that much). I never responded to the e-mail. I just simply tried to move on with my life. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and this was hers. Besides how can I continue to be friends with someone that (a) hates that much about me and (b) doesn't have the balls to talk to me about. When I confronted her because she was acting strangely she would say nothing was wrong, "everythings fine.". Then a day later I get said e-mail. Like I stated before I thought I was fine. Yes it hurt but what could I do? And this wasn't the first time something like this had happened between us. I just figured we were older and wiser now and more mature to handle any problems that might arise. Looks like I was wrong.
The problem I now have is that since our break I've now lost two other people I used to hold dear to me. I'm not the kind of person who lets people in easily. I have lots of friends but very few friends, if that makes since. I've been pushed over and taken advantage of many times over in my day. My family says it's because I have to big a heart and that I'm too forgiving. This may or may not be true. I just like to look for the good in people and firmly believe in second chances.
The two other people that i've lost are her boyfriend (whom I was friends with long before she knew him and helped get them together.). He was one of my best friends (guy or girl). He was my shoulder. Someone I could call day or night to talk to when things got rough. The other was a mutual friend of the other two. She started out as a bar friend and quickly became apart of my everyday life. I'm not sure what happened with her other than she stills talks to the original source of the problem. As for him I can only assume that because he is the sources other half he is not allowed to make his own decisions and talk to me.
Now I what you are thinking because I've been told time and time again that if this is how these people are going to be then I don't need them. And believe me when I say part of me fully agrees with this and I used to live by it. It's just hard when you realized all at once that the majority of the people you thought were your family are really just selfish, self-centered, assholes. I'm not really sure what I expected to get from writing this. Maybe just a piece of mind. That now that I've put this out there I can move on and put it behind me. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: