Monday, October 27, 2008

today

Today I awoke and realized I missed you. I lay here beside you and yet you are a million miles away. Where you went or when you left is unknown to me. All I know is you are no longer here. It burns and hurts to awake to someone who no longer sees me. I try everyday to bring you back but you won't return. Why do you stay? Is it out of pity? Or even worse routine? If you are not happy here anymore why not finish the process and remove your physical form? I know you feel it in my touch. That longing for you to return, yet you refuse. Your mind is on something, perhaps, someone else. Yet you stay here with me, why? Can't you find it in your soul to tell me how you feel or just walk away and let it be over? Instead you stay and mess with my head. I will never understand so I'll make this easy. I'll gently kiss your cheek and walk away. Tears will not appear. I will not allow you to see the hurt. Rage will not replace the sorrow. I'm better than that. I will simply walk away and piece my heart back together and one day give it to someone who wants it.

No comments: