Thursday, October 23, 2008

randon thoughts

I once heard someone say "It's not the meaning of life, but the feeling of life." I would have to say I fully agree with this statement. There is no manual to life so the meaning of it is for each of us to find on our own. However, in this pursuit we shouldn't forget to stop and appreciate the small things along the way. Like a hug from a loved one. How do you know they will be there tomorrow to give you the same hug? Or a pretty picture, how long does it really take to burn that image in your head? Or those 5 minutes when time stands still from a lovers soft kiss and warm embrace. You have to feel your way through life and decide from there which path you want to take. Whether it is the high road with great goals and ambitions or the low road where you are content with day to day life, these choices are up to each of us to make. Personally I choose a little of both of these paths. I have goals and ambitions that I shoot for everyday but I also have learned to step back from time to time and just enjoy the day. I've done a lot of soul searching and found many little things to help keep me in a positive attitude towards life. When I'm feeling down I'll read a good book or listen old 80's rock or an old Hichcock film. Too many times i've seen friends or loved ones look around themselves and ask what they are doing with their lives. Unfortunately I can not answer this question for them or even point them in a correct direction. They only thing i can do is sit back and ask them questions that will have them thinking about their own lives and where they need change. The only person in this world you have to please is yourself and we all need a nudge once in a while to help us find it.

No comments: